IPv6 Pain Experiment

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Thu Oct 3 02:28:12 UTC 2019

A fair comment would be "you massively mis-remember" and in both
JANET-Email and IPv6 terms, I would not disagree. We're talking about
things done, decisions made 35 or more years ago, to 25 years ago and
my brain has had many fine beers since then.

But the intent remains the same: we made choices, we have to live with
them. The choices are maybe looking unwise but we cannot easily unwind
them to any intent.

Personally, I choose to favour continued deployment of IPv6. I believe
in TCO and other terms, its a rational choice. I do not favour the CGN
v4 forever model, but its going to go on for a long, long time. I
ceased worrying which protocol I am using some years ago. Its not
important to me, either seem to work.

_G