Optical training

James Chang traceroute316 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 20:21:29 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this question.    I'm a routing
guy mainly working with ISIS/BGP for my company in our core space.  I
have an opportunity to get involve with our L2 DWDM network.  We are a
Cisco shop using NCS2K as DWDM nodes.  But before jump into learning the
NCS specific stuff, I would like to take a vendor neutral training course
in Optical fiber testing with OSA/OTDR, OTN, DWDM signaling,
OSNR/dispersion....etc.  I think this will help me understand how to build
out a DWDM network from ground up.  I'm hoping someone I could get into
designing network for my company.

Thanks in advance,
James