This DNS over HTTP thing

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Oct 1 18:31:16 UTC 2019

In article <20191001074011.n4xjouqg6lhsvti7 at nic.fr> you write:
>Note that the UK is probably the country in Europe with the biggest
>use of lying DNS resolvers for censorship. No wonder that the people
>who censor don't like anti-censorship techniques.

Most UK ISPs use the Internet Watch Foundation's advice intended to
block child sexual abuse material.

Circumventing it enables people to access that material.

We can shout CHILD PORNOGRAPHY just as loud as you can shout
CENSORSHIP so perhaps we should both stop now.  There are plenty of
valid reasons for a DNS resolver to block some results.

R's,
John