RIPE our of IPv4

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat Nov 30 17:01:50 UTC 2019

This is a great example (but just one of many) of how server software
development works:

IANA IPv4 runout January 2011.

Kubernetes initial release June 2014. Developed by Google engineers.

ARIN IPv4 runout September 2015.

Support for IPv6-only Kubernetes clusters alphas in 1.9, December 2017.

Full support including CoreDNS support in 1.13, December 2018.

Too bad nobody had warned them about IPv4 exhaustion before they started!