Disney+ Streaming

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 12:42:31 UTC 2019

On Fri Nov 29, 2019 at 01:34:41PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> The trajectory for all of this is that, ultimately, if the VoD providers
> do not come together and federate or make a solid plan, we'll end up
> right back where we started - content piracy.

Music learned to not make stealing a better user experience than
paying. Sadly video weren't watching.

Making it impossible to buy in some locations or removing it from
services where people were paying, in the hope of selling it from
their own service instead, pushes people back to stealing.

I'm not conviced music really learned either, once CDs are gone
there will be little access to reasonable quality uncompressed
downloads as everyone chases quite compressed streams.

Bringing this back on charter, how many different CDN appliances
will we need to host for all these VoD providers? I'm just as
guilty there having made our own CDN for the BBC (as well as using
commercial ones).

brandon