Disney+ Streaming

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Nov 29 10:39:33 UTC 2019

On 29/Nov/19 01:08, Mike Bolitho wrote:
> Again, this has gone beyond off-topic for the NANOG list. Please take
> the discussion elsewhere.

I'm not entirely sure.

A good portion of our wholesale business is selling access into Africa
to content providers. We have developed a reasonably good nose for which
companies are keen to come to Africa, and which aren't. And for those
that aren't, we have a good idea of when we think they'll have had
enough pressure to be present.

So the numbers are running about when/whether Disney+ will come to
Africa, which provides plenty of information about how we roll out and
plan for network. One data set also caters for how much interest folk
will have in keeping both Netflix and Disney+.

Mark.