RIPE our of IPv4

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Nov 27 21:33:51 UTC 2019

--- surfer at mauigateway.com wrote:
From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com>

No, it's just that (at least in my case at several different
companies) we're so focused by management on getting the sale
done by augmenting the existing network there is not enough
time to devote to **planning an entire network from the
ground up**, then working your plan.  The other way (just
start configuring stuff) is replete with troubles.

BTW, I have been the IPv6 loudmouth every time, but I don't
get any traction at all in any of the companies I've worked
for.  Eyes gloss over and someone quickly changes the
conversation.  Then we talk about sizing subnets and stuff...

BTW, what Mark Andrews said about 6rd fixes (I'm assuming
a relatively low level of network architecturing work is
necessary to get it done) what I am saying, but it feels
so dirty.  I would like to go straight to dual stack.

scott