Landing Stations used as datacenter

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 27 10:04:26 UTC 2019

On 17/Nov/19 19:39, Rod Beck wrote:
> A landing station is not typically carrier neutral and is not designed
> to have a huge of excess space to accommodate third parties. When I
> was at Hibernia Atlantic we would get from time to time a disaster
> recovery client, but there was not a lot of excess space available and
> so it was priced accordingly. It will be a very poor choice for most
> potential clients.

Agreed.

In some of our markets where carrier-neutral facilities do not exist
next to our CLS's, we may still sell some space, until it runs out. We
wouldn't typically add anymore because, well, that's not our core business.

Where carrier-neutral data centres may exist, we encourage customers to
got there, even if they feel being at the CLS is better than being at
the data centre. Not a major drama since our Metro would hit the data
centre anyway.

Otherwise, we're always encouraging data centre operators to build
facilities in our markets to take the obvious pent-up load.

Mark.