Hulu thinks all my IP addresses are "business class", how to reach them?

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Nov 22 16:50:37 UTC 2019

This is absolutely an issue with Xbox Live/Sony PSN or RBLs used by mail
servers for reputation purposes. For better or worse these systems
equate one IPv4 address == one user (and possibly one IPv6 /64 == one
user). My opinion is that this may be a reasonable or "good enough"
assumption as long as you put a time limit on the assumption (so dynamic
addresses can be reassigned) and have a rough idea of what a user means
(a household, subscriber circuit, or similar). But it obviously goes out
the window if you have 10 or 20 unrelated subscribers (possibly in
different towns) sharing a single IP address in a 1:many NAT. This may
be one of the not-so-obvious support costs that comes up when one
decides to run a CGN.