99% of HK internet traffic goes thru uni being fought over?

Che-Hoo CHENG chcheng at ieee.org
Fri Nov 22 11:35:47 UTC 2019

Some clarifications:

The 2 HKIX core sites (hosting the spine switches and the major leaf
switches where most participants are connecting to) are located within CUHK
campus.  There are only 2 leaf switches of HKIX which are located at TKO
area.

CUHK Campus was heavily attacked by the Police before PolyU Campus was
heavily attacked.  There was fear that the attack would affect HKIX which,
although not really handling 99% of HK Internet traffic, does carry up to
1.4Tbps of Internet traffic at peak.

Che-Hoo
no longer with HKIX