Google NOC contact for public APIs? (GeoIP issues with googleapis.com)

Neil Hanlon neil at shrug.pw
Thu Nov 21 18:43:02 UTC 2019

Having a bit of a weird issue where traffic from one of our data centers
looks to be getting a response for googleapis.com which is in Malaysia,
despite the data center being in northeast USA--assuming I'm reading the
reverse DNS on the IP addresses right (228.27.217.172.in-addr.arpa domain
name pointer kul09s01-in-f4.1e100.net.)

 Our other data centers seem to get OK DNS responses, not exactly "perfect"
(Switzerland gets some "waw" (warsaw?) node when there appear to be "zrh"
nodes it could get), but this response in our us-northeast facility has a
300ms+ RTT and is causing performance issues in our application.

Does anyone have a contact at Google, or if someone at Google could contact
me off-list, I'd appreciate it.

--Neil