Hulu thinks all my IP addresses are "business class", how to reach them?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Nov 20 15:38:09 UTC 2019

> Never did figure out if it was stupidity
> or malice driving that.

Personally I think it's neither; it's just $$$$$.

They could invest in a robust system to accurately identify what they chose
not to allow to access the service. Or, they can choose to run with a
'close enough' system with some legitimate users caught in the middle.

They've most likely done the math and decided that the revenue lost from
people getting caught up in inaccurate blocking is small enough that the
investment in a more accurate method isn't worth it. This is unfortunately
the more common decision in this age of worship at the Altar of Maximum
Shareholder Value.