Level(3) DNS Spoofing All Domains

Billy Crook BCrook at unrealservers.net
Tue Nov 19 18:08:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 11:47 AM Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is was my thought as well. People always get up in arms about how
> it's "Public DNS!" but it's really not. It's just well known and used
> because it's easy to remember.

I ask the users of 4.2.2.x where it is stated by the owners of 4.2.2.x that
the public may use it, and what expectations they state the public should
have of its availability, integrity, and security.

Not having a contract with Level3, I would assume no such expectations, and
discourage anyone from using 4.2.2.x, Even L3 customers unless they were
specifically given it to use by L3.

The other 'public DNS providers' outwardly encourage their use by the
public.  4.2.2.x does not.