Level(3) DNS Spoofing All Domains

Marshall, Quincy Quincy.Marshall at reged.com
Tue Nov 19 18:54:56 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:35 PM, Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho at gmail.com> said…
“How many of (my) clients have miss-typed something and sent their data, unknowingly, to a 3rd party host? (Who’s fault would that be?)

Yours? They paid you to set up their network properly and you set it up to resolve to Level 3. So if they "unknowingly sent their data" to a third party then it would be your fault.”

If I was retained by my clients to setup, design, configure, and/or maintain, our client’s networks. I would completely agree with you.
(FWIW, my internal network would not connect to these host even if one of my user’s fat-fingered the URL.)

However, I’m referring to a completely autonomous 3rd party network (Say they type wwww.omb.gov<http://wwww.omb.gov>) Can I be expected to anticipate their user’s/APP DEV’s typos?

Lawrence Q. Marshall