Level(3) DNS Spoofing All Domains

Marshall, Quincy Quincy.Marshall at reged.com
Tue Nov 19 18:18:02 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:49 PM, Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho at gmail.com> said…
“This is was my thought as well. People always get up in arms about how it's "Public DNS!" but it's really not. It's just well known and used because it's easy to remember”

I am not against their “securing” their hosts. It costs them money to provide the service. I disagree with what they did - Disable the service or only allow local or on-net resolution. How many of (my) clients have miss-typed something and sent their data, unknowingly, to a 3rd party host? (Who’s fault would that be?)

That said I AM a L(3) customer. These IPs were provided when the circuit was provisioned for NS resolution. Admittedly, they has indicated, this morning, that we are using the “wrong” Anycast NS and provided a different set; which functioned the same as  the “Public” ones.
Lawrence Q. Marshall