Hulu thinks all my IP addresses are "business class", how to reach them?

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue Nov 19 18:17:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:55:01AM -0600, Blake Hudson wrote:
> Doug, out of curiosity, what does Hulu do once they have classified your
> IP ranges as "business class"? Charge customers a different rate? Offer
> different content? Refuse service?

They won't let any of my customers connect, blocking them with a
specific error number to reference by their support. When they do, Hulu
is either telling them that they are using a VPN (when we don't offer
any services like that), and then to whitelist them, they have to have
a "residential" IP address and not the "business" IP address we are
giving them, and won't go any further. Or they just say they can't
connect from the "business" IP addresses.

If I knew why they considered my IP addresses "business" IP addresses,
I could possibly change something? But this seems to be an arbitrary
decision they changed about a week and a half ago for all my netblocks.