AT&T released DANOS code to Linux Foundation

Brielle bruns at 2mbit.com
Mon Nov 18 21:21:11 UTC 2019

On 11/18/2019 2:12 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Chances are, if there was a decision to be made, UBNT made the wrong choice.
>
> That said, I've heard a lot of good about ZebOS.  *shrugs*

Well, early on during the switch there was a few issues with the change.
  For example, I had to fix the support for various IPv6 bits like 6rd.

It really should have been labeled as a major release (1.0 -> 2.0)
instead of an incremental (1.x to 1.x+1)...  but hindsight and all.

That being said, I do run a few EdgeRouter Infinities with OSPF and BGP
(taking full tables for v4 and v6) and they've not had glaring issues
for any of my uses.

Some people just upgrade WAYYYYYY too quickly without doing proper bench
testing - and it always bites you in the ass in the end.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org