Disney+ Geolocation issues

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Nov 13 15:24:03 UTC 2019

On 11/13/19 9:49 AM, Matthew Huff wrote:
> It’s not about optimization, it’s about the contract with the content providers. The agreement is to restrict content by geographical regions mainly for marketing purposes. They block VPN access to keep people from bypassing those restrictions. It’s true of all the streaming providers.

Build a better mousetrap, because it's clearly not working. We still get
tons of people calling into first level support asking why ESPN+ doesn't
work and that ESPN told them to call their ISP's, which can do NOTHING
to fix the problem.

Guessing Disney stole a page from that book...

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net