Disney+ Geolocation issues

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Nov 13 14:44:22 UTC 2019

On 11/12/19 5:28 PM, Michael Crapse wrote:
> Myself and a few other ISPs are having our eyeballs complain about
> disney+ saying that they're on a VPN. Does anyone have any idea, or who
> to contact regarding this issue?
> This is most likely improper geolocation databases. Anyone have an idea
> who they use?

Same boat here. ARIN ISP with all valid SWIP clearly showing stateside
USA. So who knows what Disney+ is doing to block their viewers. Seems
rather silly to block viewing based on the connecting IP address.
Wouldn't you base it on the authorized viewer who is logged in and using
the service? I mean, that's what they are paying for. I get the whole
CDN steering thing, but the error message message sent back to the
viewer should not be to "call your ISP". Now you have support desks
taking thousands of worthless calls....

ESPN+ is guilty of the same garbage....

--
inoc.net!rblayzor