Disney+ Streaming

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Tue Nov 12 20:25:55 UTC 2019

At 03:17 PM 12/11/2019, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

>Fair enough, in the cases where operators are Netflix OC partners and
>might see a shift in network use from a Netflic OC appliance to
>external their network to other streaming services.
>
>But for an operator who doesn't have an OC Appliances, is there likely
>to be much difference?  I suppose that was the context I was thinking
>in.

Sure.  You could see changes in where traffic comes from.   It may
shift from peering to transit.

>That said, I (admittedly, idly) wonder what percentage of users (world-
>wide, by nation, geographical area, etc.) are served by OC Appliances.
>I really have no clue as to the penetration of OC Appliances.

OCAs make a huge difference in our network.  Between the two ASs we
operate in different regions - to the tune of maybe 40 Gbps.

--

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)

tel. 519-985-8410