all major US carriers received text messages overnight that appear to have been sent around Valentine's Day 2019

Jim Stapleton stapletonj at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 8 21:04:50 UTC 2019

It doesn't seem to be simply a matter of backlogged messages finally going
out. My friend replied to the mystery messages received from me and I
thought she was accidentally responding on the wrong thread. Her texts
seemed spontaneous and disjointed which is why I assumed she was on the
wrong thread. When we talked about it, it became clear she thought she was
responding to me and sent me a screenshot of the messages she was replying
to. I keep a copy of every message so I was able to locate the point in
time in the past where this dialog happened and found the 2/14 timestamps.
But here's the thing. She had interacted with me correctly at the time back
on 2/14. The message did not get stuck and undelivered. This was a resend
of a set of completed messages.