all major US carriers received text messages overnight that appear to have been sent around Valentine's Day 2019

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Mon Nov 11 13:07:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 01:43:41PM -0500, Mark Stevens wrote:
> Reading Syniverse's cause of trouble (lame excuse) tells me their data
> handling processes are poor and seemingly shady since I do not buy reason
> for the trouble.

Agreed.  So how many other messages have been delayed, lost, forwarded
incorrectly, or...sold to third parties?

(Note that I'm not saying Syniverse did that last one.  What I'm saying
is that an operation like this inevitably affords plenty of opportunities
for employees to engage in a little freelance capitalism of their own
or for third parties to simply help themselves.)

---rsk