all major US carriers received text messages overnight that appear to have been sent around Valentine's Day 2019

Matt Hoppes mattlists at rivervalleyinternet.net
Fri Nov 8 18:26:10 UTC 2019

“During an internal maintenance cycle last night, 168,149 previously undelivered text messages were inadvertently sent to multiple mobile operators’ subscribers," Syniverse said in a statement.

how do you inadvertently send messages that were supposed to be sent but worked and sent? Isn’t that the desired outcome?