virginia beach

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Nov 8 15:48:00 UTC 2019

> What about diversity from Ashburn?

I believe Loudon County (the county that Ashburn VA is in) has reeled in
future datacenter construction, and future datacenters will happen in
nearby Manassas and othere cities.

I've heard that some of the major data center companies already have
property in other areas West of Ashburn that are 2 hours or less
travelling by land. Less natural disaster risk. Virginia Beach has
hurricanes and is already pretty built out. Not sure how cheap the power
is, but most companies there are more interested in feeding off the large
Military presence.

There recently was a colo that was co-funded by the government down there
that collapsed financially. It was targeted towards Bitcoin, of course.

                          - Ethan O'Toole