DoD IP Space

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Mon Nov 4 14:44:28 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 10:55:47AM +0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Except for the email on ARIN's details, does anyone else have a contact for
> the DoD?
>
> We are experiencing a situation with a 3rd party (direct peer), wanting to
> advertise DoD address space to us, and we need to confirm whether they are
> allowed to do so or not.

A signed ROA would be strong attestation. Anything else is
suspect.

> Range in question is the 22.0.0.0/8 network, which according to ARIN is
> actively assigned to the DoD (US).

Of timely reference was this presentation from last Monday
by some USG folks who have a keen interest in address
hijacking. Unfortunatelky not recorded, but slide 11 has
some interested parties and points of contact.

https://pc.nanog.org/static/published/meetings/NANOG77/2108/20191028_Elverson_Your_As_Is_v1.pdf

Cheers,

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling