Re: Russian government’s disconnection test

Mike Bolitho mikebolitho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 16:18:36 UTC 2019

> I would imagine that the internet is a whole less resilient today in 2019
> than it was back in the day before the cloud takeover.

It's far *more* resilient now than it has ever been. More sub-sea cables.
Multiple routes across continents. The very fact that there are
AWS/Azure/Google Cloud data centers located around the globe makes anything
hosted there even more resilient, not less (and for the most part, I still
prefer on prem DC so I'm not even pushing "To the cloud!").

- Mike Bolitho