FCC Takes Steps to Enforce Quality Standards for Rural Broadband

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Nov 1 03:56:25 UTC 2019

> On Oct 31, 2019, at 6:42 PM, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
> There is just so much I want to make sarcastic comments about, but I worry about offending future potential employers (all of them).
> https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-takes-steps-enforce-quality-standards-rural-broadband-0

"The Bureaus required ETCs to perform speed and latency tests from the customer premises of an active subscriber to a remote test server located at or reached by passing through an FCC-designated Internet Exchange Point (IXP) and set a daily test period (requiring carriers to conduct tests between 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. local time) for such tests.”

Anybody have a reference for the “FCC-designated IXPs?”  And what distinguishes them from the actual set of IXPs?

                                -Bill