Flexible OTN / fractional 100GbE

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Fri May 31 10:42:29 UTC 2019

Hi Radu,

There might be some misunderstanding here. I don't care about what's
sold or done *today*, I'm thinking ahead of what newer hardware and
software will allow us to build in the (near) future.

That's probably something most of us lack : freedom to look ahead,
rather than being swamped in yesterday's concerns.

In that specific case, I'm the middleman buying fat pipes and selling
slices from them. Should I stick to good'ol L2VPNoMPLS-TP ? Or does
newer gear let me do things in a slightly better way ? May SDN allow me
to fine-tune my network to fit functional needs or is technology still a
barrier to efficient use-cases ?

As an optimist, I chose the former, and love to engage in such debates
with my peers, as long as I can avoid backward-thinking "We've always
done it that way" assertions.

Best regards,

--
Jérôme Nicolle