BGP prefix filter list

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 30 18:31:15 UTC 2019

On Thu, 30 May 2019 10:42:17 -0700, William Herrin said:
> Heck, most networking courses still teach class A, B and C... definitions
> which were explicitly invalidated a quarter of a century ago.

If you had asked me back in 1993 if I was going to be retired before class A/B/C
was gone from common usage and documentation, I'd have called you a crazy
person.

I have to wonder how much the IPv6 deployment has been stalled by similar
outdated documentation and coursework (like the "security" recommendation to
"block all ICMP").