Flexible OTN / fractional 100GbE

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Tue May 28 15:12:38 UTC 2019

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your answer.

Le 28/05/2019 à 13:02, Jason Lixfeld a écrit :
> IP Infusion’s OcNOS is geared towards OCP gear, and while it’s not
> exactly what you’re looking for,

I didn't see any mention of OTN in their software's specs.

OTN is important for this project because we'd need many of its features
in terms of FEC, monitoring and low jitter.

> they recently published[1] a note
> pertaining to IPoDWDM, so I could see them having maybe already done
> something along the lines of what you’re asking about, or they may
> have plans to.

We're not really working on the optical side of things, it's really just
about replacing Ethernet wherever it's relevant. Regionnal to long-haul
P2P links for that matter.

Best regards,

--
Jérôme Nicolle