Flexible OTN / fractional 100GbE

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Tue May 28 10:41:56 UTC 2019

Hi NaNOG !

I'm looking for a muxponder that would take OTU4s on the network side
and provide 10/40/100GbE on the client side, with some kind of
oversubscription, as to provide a "fractional 100GbE" e.g. starting with
30-60Gbps commit that could be upgraded to 100GbE when network capacity
is available.

Is that something feasible at a decent price ?

I've read that Broadcom' StrataDNX (Qumran / Jericho) chips have OTN
support in addition to ethernet now, is there some vendor who leverages
this, preferably with OCP gear ?

Thanks !

--
Jérôme Nicolle