Power cut if temps are too high

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Mon May 27 22:26:46 UTC 2019

I was assuming the EPO trigger is a circuit that is normally OPEN
and is closed when the button is pushed.

If instead, it is a normally-CLOSED circuit, then you are correct,
you would want two thermostats that both OPENED when the temperature
rose, which would typically be HEATING thermostats, not AIR CONDITIONING
thermostats.

Either method could have been installed; in the computer room I
worked in, the EPO was a normally-open circuit that closed when you
hit any one of the buttons placed around the room and at the exits.

Or indeed, if the fire suppression system triggered.
	- Brian