BGP prefix filter list

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Wed May 22 17:08:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

One legitimate reason is the split of companies. In some cases, IP space needs to be divided up. For example, company A splits up in AA and AB, and has a /20. Company AA may advertise the /20, while the new AB may advertise the top or bottom /21. I know of at least one worldwide e-commerce company that is in that situation.

Thanks,

Sabri