BGP prefix filter list

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Mon May 20 22:23:30 UTC 2019

Brocade (now Extreme) does this on their SLX platform to market 1M FIB boxes as 1.3M FIB boxes after compression. We went with the Juniper MX platform instead, the relatively small FIB size on the SLX being one of the main sticking points for me personally.

Nowadays there are also some SLX models with a larger FIB, which don't need compression algorithms to accommodate the routing table growth for a couple of years.

Best regards,
Martijn