BGP prefix filter list

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Sat May 18 15:35:39 UTC 2019

Hello,

    As a comment, after receiving several complains and after looking
many cases, we evaluated what is better, to cut the table size filtering
"big" network or "small" networks.  Of course this is a difficult
scenario and I guess there are mix thinking about this, however, we
concluded that the people (networks) that is less affected are those who
learn small network prefixes (such as /24, /23, /22, /21 in the v4 world).

   If you learn, let's say, up to /22 (v4), and someone hijacks one /21
you will learn the legitimate prefix and the hijacked prefix. Now, the
owner of the legitimate prefix wants to defends their routes announcing
/23 or /24, of course those prefixes won't be learnt if they are filtered.

   We published this some time ago (sorry, in Spanish):
http://w4.labs.lacnic.net/site/BGP-network-size-filters

That's it, my two cents.

Alejandro,