BGP prefix filter list

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at cloudcall.com
Wed May 15 13:58:23 UTC 2019

> We're an eyeball network. We accept default routes from our transit providers so in theory there should be no impact on reachability.

> I'm pretty concerned about things that I don't know due to inefficient routing, e.g. customers hitting a public anycast DNS server in the wrong location resulting in Geolocation issues.

Ah! Understood. The default route(s) was the bit I missed. Makes a lot of sense if you can't justify buying new routers.

Have you seen issues with Anycast routing thus far? One would assume that routing would still be fairly efficient unless you're picking up transit from non-local providers over extended L2 links.