Ownership of Routers on Both Ends of Transnational Links

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:40:11 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM Pengxiong Zhu <pzhu011 at ucr.edu> wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion. I mean the IPs belong to non-Chinese ISPs but are actually controlled/managed by Chinese ISPs.

this is, as I think was said earlier, normal practice.
Sometimes you accept a /31 from your "provider" or "peer", sometimes
they accept yours...
sometimes this is because of seasons/reasons/etc, sometimes because
it's how folk denote who's paying for the link in between.

Those ips are not useful as a signal, which I think was also said
previously in this thread.