NTP for ASBRs?

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Thu May 9 16:02:05 UTC 2019

Hello,

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 10:27:30PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> UTC is nice
> EST is nice
> PDT is nice..
>
> pick one, deal with the eccentricities of that decision without
> foisting your religion on the rest of me. :)

Yes and no. Anything non-UTC can cause issues when working with
other organisations.

More than once I've received logs or incident notifications from
suppliers without a time zone stated at all. I've then asked the
time zone only to be told "It's PST" when in fact the real answer
was PDT as the supplier was currently in DST. Others shouldn't have
to work this hard, epseically with DST dates being a matter of local
legislation, and one way of helping that to happen from the first
line support up is to use UTC.

Cheers,
Andy