Routing issues to AWS environment.

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Thu May 9 14:23:37 UTC 2019

Hi Chuck,

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 06:34:21AM -0400, Chuck Church wrote:
> Are you sure the problem isn’t NTT? My buddy’s WISP peers with Spirit
> and had a boatload of problems with random packet loss affecting
> initially just SIP and RTP (both UDP). Spirit was blaming NTT.
> Problems went away when Spirit stopped peering with NTT yesterday.
> Path is through Telia now to their main SIP trunk provider.

I don't know the specifics of what you reference, but in a large
geographically dispersed network like NTT's backbone, I can assure you
there will always be something down somewhere. Issues can take on many
forms: sometimes it is a customer specific issue related to a single
interface, sometimes something larger is going on.

It is quite rare that the whole network is on fire, so in the general
case is good to investigate and consider each and every report about
potential issues separately.

The excellent people at the NTT NOC are always available at noc at ntt.net
or the phone numbers listed in PeeringDB.

Kind regards,

Job