NTP for ASBRs?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu May 9 01:51:07 UTC 2019

--- valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
From: "Valdis Klētnieks" <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu>
On Wed, 08 May 2019 14:00:11 -0700, "Scott Weeks" said:
> From: Job Snijders <job at ntt.net>
>
> on this topic, i strongly recommend to operate all
> devices in the Etc/UTC timezone, this makes
> coordination with external entities much easier.
>

> Yes, this!  Holy crap I come upon a lot of networks
> that don't do this and it's always painful.

Newfoundland time, anybody? :)
------------------------------------

I had to go and look that up:

"The Newfoundland Time Zone (NT) is a geographic
region that keeps time by subtracting ​3 1⁄2 hours
from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) during
standard time, resulting in UTC−03:30; or subtracting ​
2 1⁄2 hours during daylight saving time."

WTF???  This is exactly what I mean on a geographicly
dispersed network.  Do everything UTC and put clocks
on your computer/wall/phone/whatever.  Then, like Job
said, it's easier to coordinate with others not in
your timezone.

scott