any interesting/useful resources available to IPv6 only?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue May 7 06:24:54 UTC 2019

On Mon, 6 May 2019, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> That and that such a VPS is only reachable from IPv6 addresses, if I
> were to have one, makes more of a case why other ISPs should support
> IPv6 rather than my own ISP.

I have things at work that is only reachable using IPv6. This is not of
general interest to anyone, but it does make it annoying for me when I
happen to be on IPv4 only as I have to perform extra steps to reach these
IPv6 only resources.

I also have devices in my home I can only login directly to via IPv6, as I
have opted not to have any IPv4 port forwards in my router.

So the best case you can probably make is that there are things out there
that are IPv6 only, not just the kinds of services that most people would
care about (since if they would, someone would want it as widely available
as possible, this making it dual stack).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se