Fibre provider in Starkville, MS

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Mon May 6 14:27:53 UTC 2019

Once upon a time, Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc> said:
> They won't be going dark or anything. Absolutely worst case they may have
> to sell some markets off to another carrier, but IF that gets there it's
> many years away anyways.

Well, the worst practical case is that they lay off (or otherwise lose)
competent service employees, leaving you stuck when there's an outage.
We have "legacy" circuits with Windstream (originally ordered from
Deltacom, who was bought by Earthlink, who was bought by Windstream),
and the support on those is pretty poor.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>