Fibre provider in Starkville, MS

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Mon May 6 13:56:07 UTC 2019

I just took a wholesale circuit from Windstream, it was fine - the provisioning/delivery portion was within the Chapter 11 timeline. The Chapter 11 thing, if you read about it, isn’t really because they are going bankrupt, it's more to protect them from a pending lawsuit from a hedge fund (Aurelius Capital) “if” the hedge fund wins in court. The hedge fun did initially win, but Windstream is appealing, if they lose the appeal, the Chapter 11 protection will prevent the hedge fund from gutting Windstream dry, which they would happily do!

It all has to do with the fact that the hedge fund was unhappy that Windstream spin-off assets into Uniti Fiber, i.e. rich people upset about not making “enough” money from a deal.

-John