any interesting/useful resources available to IPv6 only?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri May 3 15:47:15 UTC 2019

On 5/3/19 8:14 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a case (to old fuddy-duddies, which is why I even
> need to actually make a case) for IPv6 for my own selfish reasons.  :-)
>
> I wonder if anyone has any references to interesting/useful/otherwise
> resources on are only available to IPv6 users that they can forward to
> me.

This type of marketing approach was pursued doggedly for many of the
early years of IPv6 rollout. It was as misguided then as it was
ineffective.

If you have plenty of IPv4 space, you have no case for IPv6. (And I say
that as one of the most enthusiastic proponents of it.) OTOH, if you
are/might/will be approach(ing) any kind of IPv4 capacity limitation,
then you want to start deploying IPv6 ASAP.

The other case that makes business sense is a content provider with a
lot of traffic. You can get different, and often better, peering
relationships over IPv6; and there are a lot of eyeball networks,
especially mobile providers, who are using it natively nowadays.

hope this helps,

Doug