NTP via GPS

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at gwi.net
Thu May 2 08:27:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 12:12 AM Richard <rgolodner at infratection.com> wrote:

>     I found this article very helpful as I knew very little. I was smarter
> for reading it though it may be to basic for many:
>
>     https://timetoolsltd.com/gps/gps-ntp-server/

It is basic and has at least some inaccuracies. I skimmed it and found:

"The NTP protocol was originally developed for the LINUX operating system. "

Kids these days.... so much history lost.

For those under 60 revolutions of the sun: NTP and related protocols far
pre-date Linux. Linux is a relatively late arriving implementation of Unix.
The vast majority of intellectual property behind Linux was from prior
variants of Unix; Linux was just a free, unencumbered version that was
widely adopted.

--
Fletcher Kittredge
GWI