NTP question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu May 2 14:57:53 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 8:35 PM Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:

> I can tell you how the GPS server behaves when it loses it signal: it
> stops giving out verified time and lapses into Stratum-“goners” mode. But
> today’s RTP chips don’t start losing seconds-per-day when they are free
> running. Typically they might lose ten seconds per week on cheap systems.
> That’s of little concern if you have two GPS clocks.

The macbook my employer issued gains about 20 minutes a day when not
synced. Easier to not replace it because oh look, the drive is soldered to
the motherboard.

I've taken to calling it my crapbook. Really disappointed with the quality
out of Apple lately.

-Bill

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>