NTP question

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Thu May 2 00:00:32 UTC 2019

> On May 1, 2019, at 16:53, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:
>
> It’s hard to consider messing with signal converters and pricey remotely-powered active antennas when you can solve the problem for $300. :)

As I said, it really depends on your requirements and expectations. :-)

For my “normal” use cases there hasn’t been room for a lot of stuff between “well run NTP server with networked time source” and “server with fancy clocks and frequency input”.

Though, on the topic of unusual requirements there are a bunch of contributors to the NTP Pool using this curious device that can do line rate NTP responses (100Mbps, but still):

https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=92

Ask