NTP question

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Wed May 1 19:29:36 UTC 2019

Dear Mehmet,

On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 03:22:57PM -0400, Mehmet Akcin wrote:
> I am trying to buy a GPS based NTP server like this one
>
> https://timemachinescorp.com/product/gps-time-server-tm1000a/
>
> but I will be placing this inside a data center, do these need an
> actual view of a sky to be able to get signal or will they work fine
> inside a data center building?

This will *not* work if the antenna is placed *inside* the datacenter.

The trick is to order a spot on the roof of the datacenter, have the
facility staff place the antenna there, and run a cable to the NTP
server in your rack.

It'll depend on the facility what the MRC / NRC is for this service will
be.

Kind regards,

Job