DSL\POTS Testing Equipment

Snow Pond Tech Group lists lists at snowpondtech.com
Wed May 1 17:09:07 UTC 2019

VeEx VePAL isn't a bad unit. Touchscreen with flip screen protector, fairly rugged, rechargable battery, test results can be saved to USB I believe, fairly quick to boot up. I have the ADSL2+ version, but I think they make a VDSL version. It has no VOM functions though, so I separately use a Sidekick T&N analog test unit. I got the VePAL used on eBay, even though the unit was practically new. I'm told the JDSU units are pretty nice and those can include VOM functions so that might eliminate the Sidekick. They have interchangeable modules so that might be worth the investment, so you can test copper, fiber, and coax stuff you need it. When I did contract work for a CLEC, I liked to use the same test equipment as the LEC. So their technicians couldn't point any fingers and proof of circuit issues was in front of their face.

Regards,

Joshua Zukerman

Snow Pond Technology Group Inc.

Office 207-692-2415