Qwest CenturyLink / Telia issues near Seattle?

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Fri Mar 29 19:47:56 UTC 2019

For the past ~36 hours I have been seeing 15% packet loss between
CenturyLink and Telia.

I regularly access equipment in a Wave Broadband datacenter in Longview, WA
from my office connected via ToldeoTel and the traffic transits
Qwest/CenturyLink over to Telia before hitting Wave.

I have a handful of clients affected too.

I contacted Wave yesterday and they said CenturyLink is aware that the link
to Telia is 'completely saturated' and working on it.  I contacted Wave
again today to see if they had an update and they said no.  ToledoTel
didn't have any update either.

Can anyone shed some light on it?  Or an ETA for resolving it?

Thanks,

-A